Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cape Casual

One of the breakout hits this year is the cape. It is basically like a blazer. It has holes for your arms but it doesn't really have sleeves. The convienace of the arm holes on a cape is the fact that it doesn't fall off and you can move around easily. 

I love my cape but to be honest I have never worn it to work because basically every time I try and style it I look extremely over dressed. My work in environment is business causal and I would think I would be getting looks with this. So I wanted to come up with a casual fun way to wear this cape on the weekend. 

I paired my cape with a "vintage" Van Halen tee-shirt, distressed jeans, wedge style heels and a statement necklace. This is very Rock-n-Roll and I love that about this look! This could go from day to evening depending on where you were going. 

This look would not be complete without the heels and the statement necklace. It would look like you were trying to go for a look but not trying hard enough, If you removed the statement necklace but added a big earring that would work as well. Or if you got rid of the heel and added a boot that would be cute also! 

If you have a cape at home try pairing it with cute tee-shirts you have around the house, and think out of the box. Anything that can be dressy can also be casual depending on how you style it.


 

Necklace: www.stelladot.com















No comments:

Post a Comment